An energy audit is a systematic approach to identify and evaluate opportunities to reduce operating costs through energy conservation. Energy audits also form the basis for setting realistic, long-term sustainable energy plans. SourceOne analyzes all aspects of the facility’s energy consumption including control systems, mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, and building envelope. We provide technical, financial and environmental evaluation of energy conservation opportunities.
SourceOne engineers follow the procedures established by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for commercial building energy audits. ASHRAE defines audits at three levels:
- Level I – Walk-Through Analysis: A Level I audit produces a high-level energy-use analysis, setting a baseline for further analysis and comparison to industry benchmarks. SourceOne will identify low- or no-cost efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Level II – Energy Survey and Analysis: A Level II audit provides a more detailed breakdown of the site’s energy use and energy savings opportunities, including renewables integration. This analysis includes both the cost of the investment and the savings it will generate. A Level II audit also includes recommendations for optimizing operation and maintenance procedures.
- Level III – Detailed Analysis of Capital-Intensive Modifications: A Level III audit focuses on potential capital-intensive projects identified during the Level II analysis and involves more detailed field data gathering as well as a more rigorous engineering analysis. It provides detailed project cost and savings calculations with a high level of confidence sufficient for major capital investment decisions.
SourceOne’s analysts can also perform more specialized studies for Boiler Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) compliance, Chiller Optimization, and more.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CONTRACTS
SourceOne has served both as an Energy Services Company (ESCO), directly managing Energy Savings Performance Contracts, and as an owner’s representative managing other ESCO providers to streamline implementation and validate guaranteed savings. As an independent energy consulting firm, SourceOne will guide the process and act on the owner’s behalf, to implement various energy efficiency and clean technology initiatives.
Learn more about ESPCs and various implementation approaches by reading our new ESPC blog series!
IN THE NEWS
- Governor Cuomo Announces Completion of Energy Efficiency Project at Grand Central Terminal, April 21, 2015
- Energy Benchmarking: A Driver for Sustainability and Energy Savings, Energy Manager Today, June 18, 2013
- SourceOne achieves $2.3 million in incentives for Lahey Clinic, paving the way for a new CHP plant, Medical Construction and Design, July/August 2013.
- SourceOne partners with ENERGY STAR® to help its clients improve the energy efficiency and performance of their facilities.
- Energy Savings Performance Contract managed by SourceOne helps The Dimock Center generate an estimated $150,000 in annual savings while meeting heating needs
- Green College Campus Initiatives Save Energy and Money