A microgrid is an electrical grid that can isolate a group of buildings or energy consuming assets and self-power with local generation. Microgrids offer a promising opportunity to reduce energy costs, limit greenhouse gas emissions and increase resiliency.
Successful microgrid development requires integrated expertise in energy systems analysis, utility rate modeling, engineering, and operations. These areas represent core organizational competencies and allow us to support clients through all phases of the project lifecycle. SourceOne has successfully developed microgrid projects featuring a range of technologies including combined heat & power (CHP), storage and renewables; helping clients meet their financial, resiliency, and sustainability goals.
Our team has been involved in several of the most commonly referenced examples of successful microgrids in North America. By engaging SourceOne to act as their Owner’s Representative, our clients are able to draw on our proven track record and expertise leading microgrid projects from business concept all the way through design, construction, commissioning and startup.
- Evaluation & Feasibility Studies (Technical & Financial)
- Conceptual & Schematic Design
- Construction Administration
- Commissioning & Startup
- Metering Evaluation, Integration, & Monitoring
- Operations & Maintenance
IN THE NEWS
- “Finally, Growth Re-Ignites in the Industrial, Commercial & Institutional CHP Market,” Climate Change Business Journal, Volume VI, No. 11, November 2013.
- “Combined Heat and Power Evaluation, Step by Step,” Energy Manager Today, November 5, 2013.
- SourceOne achieves $2.3 million in incentives for Lahey Clinic, paving the way for a new CHP plant, Medical Construction and Design, July/August 2013.
- “Massachusetts portfolio programme backs CHP,” Cogeneration & On-Site Power Production, Volume 13, Issue 6, Nov 28, 2012.
- Microgrids become reality as Superstorm Sandy's anniversary nears
- Green College Campus Initiatives Save Energy and Money
- To CHP, or Not to CHP? The Process of Evaluating Combined Heat and Power
- The Value of Microgrids: Improve Environmental Performance, Energy Reliability, and Energy Efficiency
- How CHP can help states meet the EPA Clean Power Plan requirements
- How CHP helped New York University ‘power’ through Hurricane Sandy
- Cogeneration plant for a global biotechnology company avoids 36,000 tons of carbon annually
- Massachusetts hospital and medical research campus finds resiliency with CHP
- Development of one of the largest privately owned wind power projects in Massachusetts
- 64 MW Simple Cycle Power Plant meets expanded electricity demand for Vineland, NJ
- Town of Hempstead, NY leverages grants to develop an innovative renewable energy park