Veolia North America, LLC is comprised of Veolia Environmental Services North America, LLC, Veolia Water North America, LLC, Veolia Energy North America, LLC and their subsidiaries. In this policy, these entities will be collectively referred to as “Veolia”. At Veolia we are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of the personal information of all our business associates, our employees, and our customers.
Last Updated: March 1, 2018
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We only collect information you provide if you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey or provide us with feedback on our products or services. We will only collect information relevant to our business or employment relationship with you including the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number
- Profession, occupation or job title;
- you provide to us directly through our websites or social media;
- you provide to us through other methods of communication and engagement
How we collect your information
- We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
- We will collect information directly from you by phone, face to face, by email or on social media.
- We may also collect information from third parties including credit reporting agencies, and law enforcement agencies.
- We do not generally collect any sensitive information.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
How do we use your information?
We will limit the use and disclosure of your personal information to:
Carrying out our business, this includes:
- providing products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- answering enquiries and providing information or advice about existing and new services;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- the administrative, marketing, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Veolia, its related bodies corporate, and service providers; an
- keeping your records and contact details up to date
Fulfilling any legal requirements such as reporting requirements to external agencies or to law enforcement agencies.
If you are one of our customers, we may use your information to offer you products and services that we believe meet your needs. However, you can notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers.
We will not share, sell or trade your information to any non-related companies outside of the Veolia Environment group.
Use of Employee Information Exceptions
Some exceptions to our use of employee information may apply in such cases as where we enter into negotiations for the sale of sections of the business or transfer of contracts. In the event of this occurring, your identity will remain anonymous for as long as possible.
We may also exercise our right to monitor the use of email and the Internet in accordance with our Information Technology and Social Media Policy.
How do we protect your information?
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We use industry-recognized technical safeguards, such as firewalls, and have adopted and implemented security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration.
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. In doing so, we have taken reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
As our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We will, with your help, keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date. Additionally, we take reasonable steps to securely destroy personal information when we no longer need it.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won't affect your ability to view our site content.
To our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are obligated to keep Personal Identifiable Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our service providers.
We will not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Veolia or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, Personally Identifiable Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Veolia, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
Users can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Send information; respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at:[email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
You have access to your information
Following a request, we will provide you with a copy of personal information we hold about you, in accordance with our obligations under any of the applicable privacy laws. Please note that there are some circumstances set out in the privacy laws where we may refuse your request.
If you establish that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, we will correct our records as necessary.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaints about the way we manage personal information.
If you have any questions about this policy, if you wish to update or access the information we hold about you, or if you wish to make a related complaint, please contact us using the information below.
SourceOne Data Protection Officer
53 State Street, 12th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02109